A midstream company needed to evaluate options for replacing aging vertical wells with horizontals in several gas storage pools. There were several options available to the organization and they needed an independent third-party expertise to evaluate them.
- Needed options for replacing aging vertical wells with horizontals
- Several gas storage pools studied
- Detailed static and dynamic models constructed
- Maximize gas storage cycle at minimum well replacement cost
- A midstream company needed to evaluate options for replacing aging vertical wells with horizontals in several gas storage pools
- The integrated models of the gas storage pools incorporate 3D seismic and petrophysical analysis and performance data
- 3D geological models were constructed, followed by the preparation and calibration of dynamic reservoir simulation models
- As part of the current well replacement study, some of the models were updated and calibrated to match recent performance data from the field
- Forecast scenarios are being investigated to determine the optimal well replacement strategy for select gas storage pools
- Through gas storage modelling, Sproule can help organizations ensure that gas storage assets are optimized
Start a Conversation
Contact an expert today to discuss how Sproule can help you solve some of the most challenging issues facing your business today.