|Education in relevant Geoscience Masters (Earth Sciences, Geophysics, or equivalent)
Midnight (GMT -07:00)
Throughout the year Sproule’s Geothermal Team continuously supports 150+ MWth of installed geothermal capacity with production engineering support and/or geohazard management. This includes geohazard monitoring (induced seismicity and subsidence) for six geothermal Operators (16+ doublets) in the Netherlands. In your role, you will operate our geohazard monitoring service for our clients, while using your analytical/programming skillset to develop Sproule’s in-house tools further. Additionally, you will carry out seismic risk and hazard analyses and advise clients on the intersection of subsurface risks and stakeholder management. Apart from these ongoing services, you will work alongside multiple geothermal disciplines within the team to perform geological assessments for national and international projects to enable our clients to make critical decisions and support them with safe and reliable delivery of their geothermal developments.
Note: Only candidates with excellent Dutch (fluent) and English written and oral communication skills will be considered.
Geohazard Monitoring Service:
- Analysis of seismic waveform data for monitoring seismicity and the results of InSAR time series analysis for monitoring subsidence;
- Improvement and development of in-house analytical tools (Python skills are strongly encouraged);
- Performing Seismic Risk and Hazard Analyses (SRIMA); and
- Geohazard report writing and dashboard management.
Geological advisory projects (including but not limited to geothermal feasibilities studies, technical due diligence work, and geological evaluations for geothermal development strategies):
- Perform geological assessments and data mapping (QGIS/ArcGIS);
- Support or perform seismic reflection data interpretation and build geomodels (Petrel);
- Analyze offset well petrophysics;
- Calculate geothermal doublet performance (DoubletCalc 1D/2D);
- Provide technical expertise to support critical decision-making; and
- Permit and grant applications.
Required technical qualifications and experience
- Education in relevant Geoscience Masters (Earth Sciences, Geophysics, or equivalent).
- 0-5 years of experience within a consultancy, oil and gas / geothermal operator, or service company setting with a core focus on geological or geophysical assessments.
- Familiarity with geothermal systems and geohazards.
- At least basic programming skills in Python or equivalent.
- Experience in a consultancy environment is an advantage.
Non-technical required skills and competencies
- Natural team player with a proactive attitude.
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurship. You are at ease in being part of a small team within a bigger organization and contributing to the growth of the team and the business.
- Excellent English and Dutch written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with team members and clients virtually and in person.
- Ability to discuss technical matters in a clear and articulate manner.
- Demonstrates a high degree of reliability and accountability.
The Geothermal Team is growing, and our continued commitment to our employees is of paramount importance. We offer:
- a varied and challenging role;
- the opportunity to learn on the job from our specialists and develop your expertise;
- the experience of operational work at geothermal sites;
- wide exposure to multiple client types at various stages of geothermal realization;
- continuous professional development;
- competitive salary.
Sproule can make a significant contribution to the global geothermal industry. With our combined knowledge and expertise in the subsurface paired with our operational heritage in the Dutch sector (having served over 75% of all geothermal operators in the Netherlands to date) and footprint in North America, we have a unique proposition for geothermal operators and heat customers.
Application deadline: February 29th, 2024