Offered in partnership with PetroSkills, this course in unconventional reservoir management is aimed at all petro-technical professionals who have little experience with these resource types but who wish to quickly learn some key elements and issues associated with the exploitation of unconventional reservoirs (tight gas, tight oil, and shales).
- Category : Reservoir Engineering
- Primary Instructor:
This 5-day course in unconventional reservoir management is aimed at all petro-technical professionals who have little experience with these resource types but who wish to quickly learn some key elements and issues associated with the exploitation of unconventional reservoirs (tight gas, tight oil, and shales). The course is built around the role of the reservoir engineer and, hence, concerns itself with the integration and use of information to make well rate and recoverable volumes estimates, making decisions on desirable data collection, and planning answers to common questions such as choice of initial development spacing and the value of subsequent infill drilling.
Attendees should leave this course with an improved understanding of unconventional reservoir exploitation. One personal computer is provided, at additional cost, for each two participants.
In the virtual session, course hours will be 0800 – 1200 CST (GMT – 6:00) on each weekday over the two weeks.
All petro-technical professionals who have little experience with unconventional reservoirs but who need or desire to start developing some understanding of important basic concepts and methods associated with these resource types. The course is focused on reservoir management issues for tight gas, tight oil and shale reservoirs. CBM reservoirs are not addressed.
- Plan solutions to common reservoir management problems for unconventional reservoirs
- Apply approaches to estimate rate and recoverable volumes for wells prior to development in an unconventional reservoir
- Use classical and current non-simulation methods for estimating wells rates and recoverable volumes using production data from unconventional reservoirs
- Better understand the limitations of these rate and recoverable volume prediction methods
- Address the development of a life-of-field surveillance plan for an unconventional reservoir
- Better understand the use, design and analysis of pressure transient tests appropriate for the characterization of unconventional well/reservoir systems (DFITs & PBUs)
Senior Reservoir Engineer
Available Course Dates
|Start Date||End Date||Lead Instructor||Location||Price||Registration|
|April 26, 2021||May 07, 2021||John Seidle||Virtual||$4,090 USD||Register Now >|
|August 09, 2021||August 13, 2021||John Seidle||Denver, Colorado||$4,505 USD||Register Now >|
|October 18, 2021||October 22, 2021||John Seidle||Houston, Texas||$4,510 USD||Register Now >|
Request Custom Training
Sproule trainers work collaboratively with you to develop customized training solutions tailored to the needs of your organization or group. Trainers are available to instruct on-site across the globe.Request Training