Reserves-Based Economic / Financial Modelling & Financing
This course teaches participants how to build comprehensive, strategic, reserves-based economic and financial models to support oil and gas project investment decisions. The course incorporates project financing and treasury-related concepts.
- Category: Petroleum Economics
- Length: 2 days
- Primary Instructor: Rob Dargewitcz HBA, MBA, CMA
When considering new investment opportunities, understanding the use and application of economic and financial modelling tools is critical for successful project decision-making.
This 2-day course, offered in partnership with DC Corp, teaches participants how to build comprehensive, strategic, reserves-based economic and financial models to support oil and gas project investment decisions. This hands-on course incorporates project financing and treasury-related concepts. Instructors address the difference between accounting and economic evaluations and highlight the necessary interaction and integration between technical and financial disciplines.
Designed for a wide range of individuals at different levels of seniority, including analysts, business development, technical managers, executives and board members.
- Model development and construction, including inputs sourcing
- Forecast project economics, using key financial parameters for assessing ‘go/no-go’ decisions
- Sensitivity analysis incorporating scenario probabilities
- Creation of pro forma financial statements
- Debt vs. equity depending on the life cycle of the firm
- Fixed vs. floating rate debt
- Credit ratings impact on cost of capital
- Calculation of the Weighted Average Cost of Capital
- Net Present Value (NPV) discount rate in project economics
Rob Dargewitcz HBA, MBA, CMA
Managing Director, Dargewitcz Consulting Corp
Available Course Dates
|Start Date||End Date||Lead Instructor||Location||Price ($ CDN)||Registration|
|April 4, 2019||April 5, 2019||Rob Dargewitcz||Calgary, AB||2150||Register Now >|
Request Custom Training
Sproule trainers work collaboratively with you to develop customized training solutions tailored to the needs of your organization or group. Trainers are available to instruct on-site across the globe.Request Training