Offered in partnership with PetroSkills, this 5-day course will help participants understand the engineering drivers on gas reservoir management and how a gas reservoir's value can be maximized through sound engineering practices.
- Category : Reservoir Engineering
- Length : 5 days
- Primary Instructor:
- Price: $4,190 USD
Natural gas production has become a major part of every petroleum company’s asset base and continues to grow in importance throughout the world. This course will help participants understand the engineering drivers on gas reservoir management and how a gas reservoir’s value can be maximized through sound engineering practices. A full spectrum of gas reservoir engineering techniques is addressed and their application to a large variety of gas resource management options is discussed. One personal computer is provided, at additional cost, for each two participants.
For the virtual session, course hours will be 08:00-12:00 CST (GMT – 6:00) on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the first week; and Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday for the second week.
Engineers actively involved with the operation and management of gas reservoirs; geoscientists working with gas reservoirs in field development and expansion planning would also benefit from attending this course.
- Evaluate gas reservoir data and prepare this data for engineering calculations
- Apply frequently used gas reservoir engineering techniques
- Perform production decline type curve analysis and use other advanced reservoir calculations such as simulation
- Solve reservoir engineering calculations through the use of many practical exercises