Evaluation of SAGD Assets
This course introduces the foundational components and techniques of evaluating Canadian SAGD assets.
- Category: Reserves Evaluations
- Length: 3 days
- Primary Instructor:
This 3-day course introduces the foundational components and techniques of evaluating Canadian SAGD assets. By the end of this course, participants will fully understand the evaluation process, where to source the appropriate data, how to evaluate a SAGD asset, interpret evaluations done by others and, ultimately, make sound investment decisions using these evaluation techniques.
This course focuses on the technical aspects of reserves determination and is suitable for engineers, geoscientists, land professionals, technologists, and anyone who wants to understand the process and results of evaluating Canadian SAGD assets.
- Understanding probability in estimating SAGD reserves
- Estimating SAGD reserves and forecasting production
- Forms of ownership and the Crown royalty regimes in Western Canada
- Capital and operating costs
- Price forecasts
- Income taxes
- Before- and after-tax discounted future cash flows
- Using evaluations for investments, acquisitions, and divestments
- Understanding reserves and resources definitions and booking methodologies
Cameron Six P.Eng.
President and CEO
Jeff Jackson P.Eng.
Available Course DatesThere are currently no available courses scheduled. Please contact us to inquire about this course.
Request Custom Training
Sproule trainers work collaboratively with you to develop customized training solutions tailored to the needs of your organization or group. Trainers are available to instruct on-site across the globe.Request Training