This complete 5-day course presents the foundational components and techniques of evaluating Canadian resource plays, particularly tight gas properties.
- Category : Reserves Evaluations
- Length : 5 days
- Primary Instructor:
This complete 5-day course presents the foundational components and techniques of evaluating Canadian resource plays, which are also applicable to evaluations of tight gas properties elsewhere in the world. By the end of this course, participants will understand the evaluation process, where to source the appropriate data, how to evaluate a resource play, interpret evaluations done by others and, ultimately, how to make sound investment decisions using these evaluation techniques.
This course has a more technical focus, it is suitable for engineers, geoscientists, land professionals, technologists, and anyone who wants to understand the process and results of evaluating Canadian resource plays.
- Understanding probability in tight gas reserves
- Estimating tight gas reserves and forecasting production
- Forms of ownership and the Crown royalty regimes in Western Canada
- Capital and operating costs
- Price forecasts
- Income taxes
- Before- and after-tax discounted future cash flows
- Using evaluations for investments, acquisitions and divestments
Senior Petroleum Engineer