Evaluation of Resource Plays
This complete 5-day course presents the foundational components and techniques of evaluating Canadian resource plays, particularly tight gas properties.
- Category : Reserves Evaluations
- Length : 5 days
- Primary Instructor:
This complete 5-day course presents the foundational components and techniques of evaluating Canadian resource plays, which are also applicable to evaluations of tight gas properties elsewhere in the world. By the end of this course, participants will understand the evaluation process, where to source the appropriate data, how to evaluate a resource play, interpret evaluations done by others and, ultimately, how to make sound investment decisions using these evaluation techniques.
This course has a more technical focus, it is suitable for engineers, geoscientists, land professionals, technologists, and anyone who wants to understand the process and results of evaluating Canadian resource plays.
- Understanding probability in tight gas reserves
- Estimating tight gas reserves and forecasting production
- Forms of ownership and the Crown royalty regimes in Western Canada
- Capital and operating costs
- Price forecasts
- Income taxes
- Before- and after-tax discounted future cash flows
- Using evaluations for investments, acquisitions and divestments
Alec KovaltchouckP. Geo.
Vice President, Geoscience
Available Course DatesThere are currently no available courses scheduled. Please contact us to inquire about this course.
Request Custom Training
Sproule trainers work collaboratively with you to develop customized training solutions tailored to the needs of your organization or group. Trainers are available to instruct on-site across the globe.Request Training