Evaluation of Heavy Oil Assets
This complete 5-day course presents the foundational components and techniques of evaluating Canadian heavy oil assets.
- Category: Reserves Evaluations
- Length: 5 days
- Primary Instructor: Miles Hughes P.Eng.
This complete 5-day course presents the foundational components and techniques of evaluating Canadian heavy oil assets. By the end of this course, participants will understand the evaluation process, where to source the appropriate data, how to evaluate a heavy oil asset, interpret evaluations done by others and, ultimately, how to make sound investment decisions using these evaluation techniques.
This course is designed for engineers, geoscientists, land professionals, accountants, technologists, and anyone who wants to understand the process and results of evaluating Canadian heavy oil assets.
- Understanding probability in heavy oil and oil sands reserves
- Estimating heavy oil and oil sands reserves and forecasting production
- Forms of ownership and the crown royalty regimes in Western Canada
- Capital and operating costs
- Price forecasts
- Income taxes
- Before- and after-tax discount future cash flows
- Using evaluations for investments, acquisitions and divestments
- Understanding reserves and resources definitions and booking methodologies
Miles Hughes P.Eng.
Senior Petroleum Engineer and Manager, Strategic Advisory
Hayley Silberg P.Geo., E.I.T.
Geoscientist and Manager, Sproule Training
Cameron Six P.Eng.
Matthew O’Blenes P.Eng.
Senior Petroleum Engineer
Available Course DatesThere are currently no available courses scheduled. Please contact us to inquire about this course.
Request Custom Training
Sproule trainers work collaboratively with you to develop customized training solutions tailored to the needs of your organization or group. Trainers are available to instruct on-site across the globe.Request Training