This complete 5-day course presents the foundational components and techniques of evaluating Canadian heavy oil assets.
- Category : Reserves Evaluations
- Length : 5 days
- Primary Instructor:
- Price: $2,500 CAD
This complete 5-day course presents the foundational components and techniques of evaluating Canadian heavy oil assets. By the end of this course, participants will understand the evaluation process, where to source the appropriate data, how to evaluate a heavy oil asset, interpret evaluations done by others and, ultimately, how to make sound investment decisions using these evaluation techniques.
This course is designed for engineers, geoscientists, land professionals, accountants, technologists, and anyone who wants to understand the process and results of evaluating Canadian heavy oil assets.
- Understanding probability in heavy oil and oil sands reserves
- Estimating heavy oil and oil sands reserves and forecasting production
- Forms of ownership and the crown royalty regimes in Western Canada
- Capital and operating costs
- Price forecasts
- Income taxes
- Before- and after-tax discount future cash flows
- Using evaluations for investments, acquisitions and divestments
- Understanding reserves and resources definitions and booking methodologies
Senior Petroleum Engineer
Alec KovaltchoukP. Geo.
Vice President, Geoscience