This course is designed to present attendees with the most current analysis techniques developed by industry for application to CBM reservoirs.
- Category : Reservoir Engineering
- Length : 4 days
- Primary Instructor:
Offered in partnership with PetroSkills, this 4-day advanced coalbed methane (CBM) / coal seam gas (CSG) course is designed to present attendees with the most current analysis techniques developed by industry for application to CBM reservoirs. The class will cover a full range of integrated topics ranging from characterization of the coals through data collection and testing, drilling and completion, reservoir engineering, pilot design and production management strategies. CBM Resource and Reserve guidelines are developed so that the attendee can best design field development plans. A set of course notes is provided, including problems and solutions developed from actual CBM data sets. This course is designed for technical and managerial staff who desire a comprehensive understanding of the state of the art analysis techniques currently being used to assess and evaluate CBM reservoirs worldwide.
Technical and managerial staff who need an understanding of coalbed methane / coal seam gas (CBM/CSG) testing, appraisal and production methodologies.
- How to design a data collection program which will optimize the classification of CBM reserves and resource volumes
- How to interpret information collected from coal cores, and how to avoid common mistakes in core analysis
- Production management strategies to optimize the performance of CBM reservoirs
- How to determine gas in place and ultimate gas recovery from CBM wells and reservoirs
- How to design an initial pilot program and how to mature that pilot to a large-scale development plan
Senior Reservoir Engineer