Reserves Evaluations / EVAL-03 / Calgary, AB
2 days / 1-2 May 2019
CAPL Evaluation of Canadian Oil & Gas Properties for Land Professionals
Keith Carr C.E.T.
Independent Training Consultant
Keith has spent three decades in the oil and gas industry and has been sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm with students for several years. His experience spans many of the technical disciplines, including drilling, completion, production engineering, and facilities in both conventional and unconventional resources. During his years in the industry he has prepared many reserves evaluations for large and small companies and has been involved in a number of corporate evaluations.
This 2-day course is focused on helping participants understand both the process of developing evaluations and the resultant cash flow outputs. The goal is to provide land professionals with an understanding of what oil and gas evaluators do and what they report.
- Definitions of reserves and resources, and what they mean to a company
- The process of estimating reserves and resources
- Income method, calculations of recoverable volumes, price forecasts, operating and capital costs, and royalties
- Need for discounting of cash flows
- Profitability indices
- Public reporting requirements
This course is suited for oil and gas land professionals who are involved in the evaluation of oil and gas development opportunities, reserves assessments, and mergers and acquisitions or dispositions of assets.