A large private equity firm, assessing a significant E&P acquisition of key U.S. unconventional assets, required an independent validation of the asset value in order to proceed with the opportunity.
- The firm needed technical and commercial analysis prior to a potential acquisition
- Assets were spread throughout five major U.S. unconventional basins
- The opportunity is valued at $7+ billion
- The client required rapid turnaround
- The investor needed a more in-depth understanding of the geological and engineering aspects to be more comfortable in establishing a valuation.
- For this time-sensitive opportunity, the client required a fast turnaround of the analysis in order to proceed with the deal.
- With extensive experience in the key plays, Sproule prepared the technical evaluation and future cash flow projections of the key plays
- Sproule ran all the sensitivities, and set up the database and baseline projections
- The team worked directly with the deal team to better assess risks and upside based on market conditions and geologic parameters
- With Sproule’s technical and commercial insights, the producer gained a much clearer view into the upside of the opportunity and was able to successfully complete the acquisition