Senior Reservoir Simulation Engineer
|Experience:||8 - 15 years|
Sproule, a leading global energy consulting firm, is seeking a Senior Reservoir Simulation Engineer with extensive experience consulting for domestic and international E&P and petroleum services companies. The position provides the opportunity to apply your reservoir simulation skills to a challenging diversity of projects worldwide for a broad group of clients. Experience in simulating a wide range of complex geological and fluid settings is essential, with particular success demonstrated in the efficient generation of reliable history matched models. The ability to work independently and with a multi-disciplinary team is essential, with preference given to candidates who have supervised a team of reservoir simulation engineers in a consulting environment. Expertise in running models from the leading software vendors is required, including thermal experience in STARS. You must have strong communication and report writing skills, be adept at presenting your technical opinions to clients and bring a client-first focus to all engagements.
You will work side-by-side with other highly skilled professionals to continually enhance your own technical and consulting skills. This position offers an attractive compensation plan. Salary is commensurate with production company standards.
As part of our continued growth strategy, Sproule is soon opening an office in Latin America to serve the local and international markets. To support this exciting move, Sproule prefers candidates with Spanish language skills.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Have a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry, with the preferred candidate having a minimum of 8 years of recent experience in a consulting environment;
- Have an engineering degree;
- Possess a strong background in relevant software applications;
- Be highly organized with the ability to manage your own time, manage a team, and deliver to tight project timelines and budgets;
- Be able to understand and solve technical problems, and deliver the best solution to clients;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with team members and clients;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English with the ability to discuss technical matters in a clear and articulate manner;
- Be able to write technical reports in a clear and concise manner in English;
- Be willing and able to travel from time to time for meetings, presentations, and conferences;
- The preferred candidate will also be fluent in Spanish;
- Have the ability to promote Sproule and to generate work from new clients, existing Sproule clients and your industry contacts;
- Believe that client focus is key.
This position will work out of Sproule’s offices located in downtown Calgary. For more information on our company please visit our website at sproule.com
If you are interested in a career with a difference, please apply by submitting a cover letter and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Reservoir Simulation Engineer in the subject line. Application deadline: May 11, 2018.