Senior Petroleum/Reservoir Engineer
|Experience:||Minimum 15 years|
Sproule is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Senior Petroleum/Reservoir Engineer to join our global Reservoir Services team. The position provides the opportunity to build upon your engineering and reservoir experience with exposure to a broad range of clients including exploration and production companies, financial institutions and governments throughout the world.
The successful candidate will be required to work out of our office in The Hague, Netherlands and must be eligible to work in the Netherlands. Occasional travel to other Sproule offices, for client meetings, presentations and conferences may be required.
The Senior Petroleum/Reservoir Engineer’s responsibilities will include:
- Working both independently on projects as well as within a multi-disciplinary geographically dispersed team on client project work.
- Working in teams with other engineers and geoscientists (with various level of experience) to complete reserve and resource evaluations, integrated reservoir studies, strategic advisory projects, data-room and due diligence interventions
- Working with international clients.
- Acting as project leader and overseeing project scope, timelines and budget.
- Coaching and mentoring more junior team members.
- Presenting Sproule’s technical opinions to clients.
- Representing Sproule in business development visits and meetings.
- Presenting at conferences and webinars on behalf of Sproule.
Preferred Technical Qualifications & Experience
- 15 years of oil and gas reservoir engineering experience, with a significant portion of that time being spent doing reserves and resources evaluations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Enhanced Oil Recovery.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience including responsibilities for: client management, project scope, budget, timelines and resources and product or service delivery.
- Engineering degree.
- Petroleum and/or reservoir engineering post-secondary education preferred.
- Extensive international experience.
- Experience with tight and unconventional reservoir experience an asset.
- Comprehensive experience in integrated reservoir characterization.
- Strong computer and program literacy in reservoir modelling, simulation and EOR.
- Experience with related industry software including: CMG, Eclipse, MBal, Petrel RE, ValNav, Mosaic, PEEP, Aries, Harmony, Kappa suite.
- APEGA professional designation or be eligible to obtain it.
- Prior experience in a consulting environment is an asset.
Non-technical Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with team members and clients who are geographically distanced.
- Ability to discuss technical matters in a clear and articulate manner.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage your own time and deliver to tight project timelines.
- Self-motivated individual focused on business development and client success.
- Demonstrates a high degree of reliability and accountability.
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced professional services environment.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to foster an engaged and technically capable team.
Application deadline: August 2