Senior Manager, Human Resources
|Education:||University Degree in Human Resources or related discipline|
Midnight (GMT -06:00)
Sproule, a leading global energy consulting firm, is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Human Resources Manager with 15+ years’ experience to join our team to support our expanding global network of offices located in Calgary, Denver, Mexico City and Voorburg, the Netherlands. The position provides the opportunity to build upon your Human Resources experience with exposure to a broad range of initiatives across multiple divisions at Sproule. The ability to work both independently and with a global team is essential, with preference given to candidates with experience in an environment of rapid international growth.
This role is responsible, in partnership with the business unit and corporate leaders, for the short-term delivery and long-term strategic direction of the organization’s global human resources services. You will be a key player in helping us develop our culture and community, where talent is engaged and empowered to reach their potential. You enjoy working in a team environment and understanding “the business” and corporate culture so you can better deliver the practices, programs and strategies needed to move us forward. You will be committed to Sproule’s Vision, Purpose and Values, and strive for a standard of excellence.
• Drive Sproule’s employer value proposition and culture ambition to win and retain the best candidates in a competitive market.
• Serve as an advisor to the global executive team on all HR related matters (legal and otherwise), representing Sproule’s current and future locations of business.
• Lead the design of Sproule’s HR function, including hiring and developing a team (over time) in parallel with Sproule’s strategic growth.
• Provide HR leadership and strategy during times of integration; ensure the best people and HR practices from merging companies are implemented consistently and effectively communicated in order to uphold and enable Sproule’s culture.
• Partner with business units and corporate leadership to define needs and objectives in areas such as staffing, retention, performance management, training, organizational development and employee relations.
• Partner with various external consultants, vendors and subject matter experts, on an as needed basis, with oversight and contractual management of such partnerships.
• Participate in and facilitate best practices in developing and understanding corporate culture and implementing employee engagement across all sectors and geographic locations of the Company’s business.
• Serve as the internal subject matter expert on employment-related legislation in Alberta and have (or develop) a strong working knowledge of legislation in other jurisdictions where Sproule has offices or prospective offices.
• Keep current with legislation and ensure changes are implemented and communicated in a timely fashion.
• Provide consultative support to management for the consistent and appropriate application of policies and procedures.
• Manage the upkeep of the corporate policy documentation with input from corporate leadership and other subject matter experts.
• Serve as an employee point of contact for employee relations issues.
• Where required, facilitate the conduct of investigations, summarize findings, recommend and implement solutions related to employee relation issues consistent with procedural requirements in company policies and relevant employment legislation.
• Provide HR support to managers in effectively and fairly addressing performance concerns. • Coordinate, oversee and participate in the onboarding and orientation for new hires.
• Provide leadership and project management on the global annual performance appraisal program.
• Support the maintenance and continued enhancement of professional development programs in conjunction with appropriate business units and corporate leadership.
• Execute our recruitment strategy and manage the recruitment function, assisting with recruitment as needed to support the objectives of each business unit.
• Act as the subject matter expert for benefits program management and administration across multiple jurisdictions.
• Continually assess the competitiveness of programs and practices against relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets.
• Manage guidelines and processes with respect to internal hires, secondments and special assignments across the company’s offices globally.
• Oversee and provide expert guidance on HR aspects of merger and acquisition activities including due diligence and integration functions.
• Partner closely with payroll administration.
• 15+ years’ relevant Human Resources experience, ideally gained in an environment where international mergers and acquisitions were completed.
• 10+ years leadership experience, both with direct reports and cross functionally.
• Experience working with executive leadership teams, in leadership, advisory and support capacities.
• Executive level communication skills including refined presentation capabilities and professional presence.
• Strong relationship building capability; quick to build rapport and trust across various international cultures.
• Strong functional knowledge of HR policies, programs, processes and employment legislation. • Comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
• Demonstrated HR project management experience and successful end-to-end project implementation. • Experience in successfully handling all aspects of HR in mergers and acquisitions. • Strong critical thinking skills and ability to use good judgment.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a global team taking initiative and action when required.
• Ability to effectively plan and set priorities to accomplish required tasks.
• Ability to lead with vision and purpose, both within HR and cross functionally.
• High detail orientation and experience with HR Analytics and measurements of success.
• Experience implementing recruiting strategies to support the business objectives of all business units.
• Self-starter, flexible and a confident, positive attitude.
• Competent using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.).
• Flexibility and desire to take on additional responsibility, with the ability to plan, prioritize, and multitask.
• A valid passport with no impediments to international travel.
• Ability to speak multiple languages is considered an asset.
• Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation.
• A university degree in Human Resources or related discipline.
• International business experience.
Application deadline: September 30th, 2023