Senior IT Support Technician
|Education:||Diploma or Degree in Information Technology|
Midnight (GMT -06:00)
Sproule is seeking a highly skilled Senior IT Support Technician to assist with the development and support of the technology stack across our global offices. This will be a full-time position for a service driven support specialist to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical support on operating systems, network equipment and protocols, and specific application packages in response to end-user requests or projects. You will assist with incidents, problems, changes, releases, configurations, assets, and service requests, for both the Voorburg office and other Sproule global sites.
- Assist in identifying opportunities to modify processes or utilizing new technologies to improve best practices and maximize utilization of recommended products.
- Assist in support of administrative computer-based applications.
- Provide troubleshooting and optimization for technical problems related to product applications, installation, and configuration.
- Develop and implement technical solutions under general supervision.
- Apply knowledge and experience in the planning, solution development and implementation of distributed computing service or client server services and/or wireless services.
- Install and configure computers and peripherals on data networks.
- Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Ensure on-going maintenance of systems and infrastructure while supporting system quality assurance.
- Manage service tickets and troubleshooting progress for all service technicians and ensure effective trouble ticket escalation.
- Field incoming help requests from end users while documenting user issues and related resolutions as needed.
- Assess software updates, drivers, and patch management.
- Assist in building knowledge bases, and “frequently asked questions” resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Work with the Systems Architect to install, test, and configure necessary firmware and software updates on core hardware infrastructure systems.
- Assist with support of cellular devices as required.
- VOIP phone systems and videoconferencing support as needed.
- Work with local and global vendors as required.
Required Education & Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in IT operations and infrastructure deployment.
- Experience administering remote support for international sites.
- Experience in IT infrastructure fundamentals including storage, server, networking, virtualization, cloud, database management, and cyber security.
- Experience with Dell/Cisco/Watchguard network hardware, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Teams, PowerShell, SharePoint, and physical server environments.
- In-depth hands-on experience with Microsoft Enterprise solutions including on-premises and hybrid cloud hosted server environments,
- Microsoft365 administration.
- Strong understanding of Azure cloud technologies including AAD, InTune and Autopilot skills and knowledge.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of major operating systems and experience with Microsoft networking and operating environments.
- Intermediate knowledge of configuring and maintaining network infrastructure solutions (such as advanced routing protocols, VPN, and firewall configurations).
- Have working knowledge of PowerShell, to create scripts that will drive efficiency for the entire IT team.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems.
- Strong hardware skills in building, diagnosing, and upgrading enterprise server and network hardware.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Experience with SLQ and Oracle databases a benefit.
- Working knowledge of wired and wireless networking/SAN solutions, local and remote backup technologies such as VEEAM and VMWARE.
- Microsoft certifications an added benefit.
Non-technical Skills & Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch are essential as well as a strong desire to learn. Other languages will be considered an asset.
- Methodical, detail oriented, analytical, organized with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language with strong customer service orientation.
- High degree of curiosity about new technologies.
- Ability to adapt to a growing global business environment.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
Application deadline: September 24th, 2023