The Hague, The Netherlands
Sproule, a leading global energy consulting firm, is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Petroleum Engineer with at least 4 years of experience. The position provides the opportunity to build upon your reservoir engineering experience with exposure to a broad range of clients including exploration and production companies, financial firms and governments throughout the world. The ability to work both independently and with a multi-disciplinary team is essential with preference given to candidates with oil and gas reserves evaluation experience. The successful candidate will work with highly experienced engineers, geologists and geophysicists to support reserve and resources evaluation projects, integrated reservoir studies, strategic advisory projects, dataroom and due diligence interventions, including project scoping and analysis. You must have strong English verbal and written communication skills and be adept at presenting your technical opinions to clients and bring a client-first focus to all engagements.
As part of our continued growth strategy, Sproule has opened an office in The Hague to serve the local and international markets. This role will be part of the team in the Hague as well as Sproule’s global Consulting Services organization.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Have a petroleum engineering degree or equivalent;
- Have strong computer and program literacy in industry software;
- Be able to work with clients worldwide, overseeing project scope and timelines within a team and leading projects for small to mid-sized clients;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with team members and clients;
- Be highly organized with the ability to manage your own time and deliver to tight project timelines;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English with the ability to discuss technical matters in a clear and articulate manner; proficiency with another language is a plus;
- Be a self-motivated individual focused on client success;
- Knowledge of simulation software other than Eclipse is a plus.
This position will work out of Sproule’s offices located in the Hague. Occasional travel for client meetings, presentations, and conferences will be required. For more information on our company please visit our website at https://sproule.com.
If you are interested in a career with a difference, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with “Petroleum Engineer – Your_Name”in the subject line.
Application deadline: July 12, 2019
The Sproule team are problem solvers, creative thinkers, engineers and builders focused on solving client challenges. Working at Sproule is a demanding and rewarding career for those who are up to the challenge. Professionals join our organization in many different capacities: as client-facing consultants, regional experts and technical professionals, or in important internal roles such as human resources, information services, and finance.
Sproule is a global energy consulting firm providing technical and commercial knowledge to help clients discover value from energy resources around the world. Sproule is anchored by deep geoscience, engineering and operational expertise combined with a strong commercial understanding of energy markets. We help exploration and production companies, financial institutions, and governments accurately characterize subsurface opportunities and increase shareholder confidence through independent economic evaluations of resources. For more information, visit: Sproule.com (https://sproule.com)
Sproule is headquartered in Calgary, Canada, and has offices in Brazil, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Come, be part of the energy.