Intermediate Operations Accountant/Analyst
Midnight (GMT -06:00)
Sproule is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Operations Accounting Analyst to join our Asset Management team. The intermediate level Operations Accounting Analyst is responsible for providing accurate accounting information for our clients’ operated and non-operated properties, as well as analyzing, reviewing and processing non-operated joint interest billings.
Under the direction of the Senior Accounting Manager and the Senior Operations Accountant and JV Accounting Lead, this role will partner with and interface with the operations group on an ongoing basis to understand their costs. The accountant will complete the following tasks for assigned clients:
- Assist with internal controls reviews including:
- Review lease operations statements and capital reports for coding errors, prepare fixes. This requires an understanding of oil and gas KPI’s and variable and fixed costs, PASC.
- At month-end, analyze lease operations statements and capital to prepare accruals.
- Review draft AFE’s from the operations team in Pandell AFE to send for approval.
- Review invoices in Pandell AP for coding accuracy (opex and capex) and to ensure industry standard PASC rules are followed.
- Analyze and respond to queries and disputes for operated JIBs, lease rental and road use invoices through Energy Link
- Prepare, or review and process, related accounting corrections as required
- Propose system changes to limit future/ongoing coding issues
- Review and process non-op JIB’s and distribute invoices for approvals in a timely manner to meet accounting deadlines
- Download, analyze and code non-op joint interest billings (JIBs), lease rental and road use invoices through Energy Link
- Review equalizations for reasonability
- Troubleshoot and investigate issues related to incoming JIBs, disputing where required.
- Document conversations with partners in Energylink, working to clear disputes, and responding to partner queries.
- Set up appropriate proration spreadsheets in conjunction with production accounting schematics
- Setup/control/correct coding tables on Energy Link
- Track and manually book non-operated partner invoices not on Energy Link
- Assist with JV audits and corporate audits.
Required Education and Experience
- Accounting Certificate/Diploma
- 5+ years of oil and gas accounting experience
- 3+ years of joint venture accounting experience
- Working knowledge of Energylink, plus Pandell JVNexus/Qbyte, Petrinex and Accumap/GeoScout
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Non-technical Required Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work independently and problem solve
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates a high degree of reliability and accountability
- Thrives in a lean, fast-paced environment
- Able to manage concurrent clients and competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with team members
Application deadline: October 1st, 2023