|Type:||Full time 1 year term|
Midnight (GMT -07:00)
About Sproule Asset Management
Our unique Asset Management model delivers custom, responsible and cost-effective management of oil and gas assets to deliver on stakeholder objectives. E&P companies, investors, lenders, government agencies, legal and accounting firms trust us to deliver top tier performance and value-added services.
We employ best practices and our extensive experience base to advise and successfully deliver on:
- Corporate Strategy
- Production & Operations Management
- Reservoir Management
- Geological and Geophysical Management
- Land Management
- Liability Management
- Regulatory Management
- HSE Management
- Financial and Production Accounting
Our service offering empowers smaller and transitional management teams. We are an extension of our client’s team, bringing credibility and experience to the project and enabling our client to focus on business strategy.
Sproule is seeking an energetic, entrepreneurial, self-motivated and technically proficient Exploitation Engineer to join our Asset Management team to complete area reviews of existing client assets regarding: production, facilities, operational costs, economic evaluations, drilling/re-completion opportunities and synergistic acquisition or deals. This is a hands-on role supporting multi-disciplinary project teams including geology, geophysics, finance/accounting, facility, D&C, land, JV, marketing, and field staff to manage our clients’ oil and gas assets. The position will assist in identifying and evaluating growth opportunities on developed and undeveloped land and supporting the team’s evaluation in capturing resource targets via development projects, crown land sales, farm-ins and asset or corporate acquisitions. In addition, this position is accountable for managing all aspects of the budget and long range planning for these assets.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Operations, the Exploitation Engineer responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Implementing strategic initiatives on behalf of Sproule clients;
- Identifying and developing exploitation opportunities and reservoir depletion strategies;
- Focusing on increasing recovery factors through infill drilling, water flood optimization and improved technology;
- Recommending/implementing area development plans;
- Working closely with field staff and other disciplines to optimize existing production and to coordinate operational activities;
- Maintaining accurate company reserve bookings for assigned areas and providing development plans and technical justification to independent reserve evaluators;
- Identifying infrastructure debottlenecking opportunities and working closely with the facility engineering department to optimize volume throughput in accordance with the field development plan;
- Providing engineering support to Business Development for evaluating acquisitions (as requested);
- Assessment of acquisition opportunities and the preparation of associated business proposals including risk assessment and economic evaluations;
- Providing engineering support for new play concept and acquisition evaluation including the application of practical reservoir and exploitation concepts in the assessment of cores, logs, PVT, completions and production/reserves;
- Evaluating client acreage for exploration opportunities and providing recommendation on the completion and re-completion of existing and new wells;
- Evaluating and optimizing the appraisal and development strategies for any conventional exploration assets;
- Monitoring competitor and analog activity outside of existing land base and identifying opportunities for consolidation, farm-ins, new land acquisition and new technology applications;
- Preparing and delivering presentations to executive management regarding development opportunities.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering;
- APEGA professional designation;
- 10 or more years of related work experience;
- Detailed understanding of geologic concepts in relation to Exploitation & Reservoir Engineering;
- Good working understanding of Facilities and Production Engineering concepts;
- Additional time spent in cross-disciplinary roles would be a strong asset.
Non-technical Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong initiative and an independent self-starter;
- Perform all activities with a high degree of reliability and accountability;
- Thrives in a lean, dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Able to manage concurrent clients and competing deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with team members.
- This is a one year term opportunity as either an hourly employee or contractor with future potential as a full time salaried employee
- This position will work out of Sproule’s office located in Calgary;
- Travel to the field may be required on occasion;
- Must be available to be on call.
Application deadline: January 26th, 2023